Win a Mall of America Adventure
At KBear 102’s 21st Birthday Bash!
After two decades of playing some of country music’s best drinking songs, we’re finally old enough to take part! Join us Friday, July 26th, at the Continental Fire Company for the biggest radio station party ever held in the Keweenaw.
Dance to music from Outlaw’d. Order up some of the great food and drink the Continental Fire Company is known for. And, you don’t need to bring us a present – because we’ll have presents for you!
At the end of the night, we’ll award our grand prizes…
3rd – A gift bag from Amora Wellness and Gifts
2nd – Two tickets to see Lee Roy Parnell August 31st at the Calumet Theatre
1st – A Mall of America Adventure, with two nights at the Radisson Blue, and tons of passes to attractions (worth more than $1,200!)
Doors open at 8:00, and Outlaw’d begins at 9:00. The usual Continental cover charge will apply. “Door prizes” will be given away throughout the evening, and you must be present to win. “Grand prizes” will be awarded via drawing at the end of the night, and you do not need to be present to win. If you would like to register for a grand prize without attending the party, you may do so at the entrance to the Continental Fire Company during the event. Not attending the party will not affect your chances of winning (although our feeling might be hurt, a little). You must be 21 or older to attend, and to win prizes. “Door prize” winners will still be eligible to win a “grand prize.”
– Prizes: Prizes will be awarded as provided by contest sponsors. Specific prize packages will be described at the time of each giveaway. Prizes of equal value might be substituted if necessary.
– Eligibility and Limitations: You must be 21 or older to win. Employees of the Houghton Community Broadcasting and its sister companies, owners or employees of participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. Former employees of Houghton Community Broadcasting and their immediate family members, are not eligible to win until two years from the final date of employment. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Listeners who have won a prize valued at more than $100.00 in the past 13 months, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible. Winners must maintain their legal residence within a 60-mile radius of Houghton, Michigan.
– Publicity. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant Houghton Community Broadcasting exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
– Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Houghton Community Broadcasting, its employees and agents, and the contest sponsors, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
– Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Houghton Community Broadcasting, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide Houghton Community Broadcasting with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $100 in prizes from the Station and over $600 in accumulative prizes from the Station and/or Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
– Decisions. Houghton Community Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, Houghton Community Broadcasting will resolve any disputes or ambiguities concerning the rule and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by Houghton Community Broadcasting and are final. Houghton Community Broadcasting may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
– Miscellaneous. Winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign Houghton Community Broadcasting’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Houghton Community Broadcasting may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of this contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the station and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
– Compliance with Law. The conduct of this contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.