Win a Mall of America Experience
Listen to Your Morning Coffee with Todd VanDyke weekday mornings during the week of April 3rd for an Eddie Rabbitt song. When you hear one, be the third caller at 483-BEAR (2327). You’ll be our daily winner and receive an instant prize, including some refreshing Pepsi product, and gift certificates from Tadych’s Marketplace and Bucko’s Party Store. That caller will also be qualified to win our grand prize. Winners must be 18 years or older. At the end of the week, during Friday’s program, Todd will draw one name from among the five qualifiers to win our grand prize;
A Mall of America Experience
with two nights at the Radisson Blu, and lots of passes to attractions!
Scroll down to read the full contest rules.
Contest Rules: Houghton Community Broadcasting, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “Company”), will conduct the contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
– Description of Contest/Participation.
– Dates of Contest: Begins April 3; ends April 7.
– How to Enter: Call in when an Eddie Rabbitt song is played between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. In each case, the third caller will be awarded that day’s announced prize. The winning caller will receive an instant prize, and become eligible to win the grand prize. The grand prize winner will be determined by drawing on April 7.
– Eligibility and Limitations: You must be 18 or older to win (21 or older for alcohol-related prizes). Employees of the Houghton Community Broadcasting and its sister companies, owners or employees of participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. Former employees of Houghton Community Broadcasting and their immediate family members are not eligible to win until two years from the final date of employment. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Listeners who have won a prize valued at more than $100.00 in the past 13 months, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible. Winners must maintain their legal residence within a 60-mile radius of Houghton, Michigan.
– Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Houghton Community Broadcasting’s control, or otherwise. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method.
– Publicity. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant Houghton Community Broadcasting exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
– Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Houghton Community Broadcasting, its employees and agents, and the contest sponsors, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
– Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Houghton Community Broadcasting, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide Houghton Community Broadcasting with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $100 in prizes from the Station and over $600 in accumulative prizes from the Station and/or Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
– Decisions. Houghton Community Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, Houghton Community Broadcasting will resolve any disputes or ambiguities concerning the rule and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by Houghton Community Broadcasting and are final. Houghton Community Broadcasting may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
– Miscellaneous. Winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign Houghton Community Broadcasting’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Houghton Community Broadcasting may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of this contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the station and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
– Compliance with Law. The conduct of this contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.