It’s KBear’s Birthday!
KBear 102.3 is celebrating 20 years as the Keweenaw’s Country Music leader – but YOU get the presents! Each weekday morning from July 9th through August 3rd, Todd VanDyke will play a song from the Billboard Magazine list of Top 20 Country Songs for the year 1998. When you hear that day’s designated song, be caller three at 483-BEAR. You’ll win an instant prize, and be eligible to win the grand prize – a Mall of America Experience, with two nights at the Radisson Blue Hotel, and passes to lots of attractions!
Thanks to our sponsors:
Snap Fitness Center
Tadych’s Econo Foods
Pepsi of Houghton
Bucko’s Party Store
Contest Rules: Houghton Community Broadcasting, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “Company”), will conduct the contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
– Description of Contest and Entry: Each morning between 6:00 am and 10:00 am, from Monday, July 9th, to Friday, August 3rd, we will play a designated song from the Billboard Magazine list of Top 20 country Songs of 1998. The name of the song will be revealed beginning at 6:00 am, and may also be broadcast in advance, and published on social media. When the song is played, prospective contestants will call 483-BEAR. The third caller will win an prize package that will also be described the day of the contest, and will become eligible to win the grand prize.
The grand prize will consist of a Mall of America Experience valued at $1,271.28, including:
– 2 nights at Radisson Blu Mall of America (based on availability at time of booking)
– 8 Unlimited Ride Wristbands to Nickelodeon Universe®
– 8 Moose Mountain Adventure Golf Passes
– 8 SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium Passes
– 8 Crayola Experience Passes
– 8 FlyOver America Passes
– 8 Game Works One Hour Game Cards
– Dates of Contest: July 9th to August 3rd, 2018
– Prizes: Prizes will be awarded as provided by contest sponsors. Specific prize packages will be described at the time of each giveaway. Prizes of equal value might be substituted if necessary.
– Eligibility and Limitations: You must be 18 or older to win, unless the prize package includes alcoholic beverages, or items directly related to the promotion of alcoholic beverages, in which case the minimum age is 21. Employees of the Houghton Community Broadcasting and its sister companies, owners or employees of participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. Former employees of Houghton Community Broadcasting and their immediate family members, are not eligible to win until two years from the final date of employment. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Listeners who have won a prize valued at more than $100.00 in the past 13 months, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible. Winners must maintain their legal residence within a 60-mile radius of Houghton, Michigan.
– Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Houghton Community Broadcasting’s control, or otherwise. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method.
– Publicity. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant Houghton Community Broadcasting exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
– Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Houghton Community Broadcasting, its employees and agents, and the contest sponsors, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
– Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Houghton Community Broadcasting, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide Houghton Community Broadcasting with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $100 in prizes from the Station and over $600 in accumulative prizes from the Station and/or Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
– Decisions. Houghton Community Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, Houghton Community Broadcasting will resolve any disputes or ambiguities concerning the rule and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by Houghton Community Broadcasting and are final. Houghton Community Broadcasting may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
– Miscellaneous. Winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign Houghton Community Broadcasting’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Houghton Community Broadcasting may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of this contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the station and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
– Compliance with Law. The conduct of this contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.